UPSC CDS I 2012 – Apply Online for 509 Vacancies: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued notification against recruitment of 509 Various Vacancies under Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy through Combined Defence Services Examination I 2013. Eligible candidates must apply online on or before 10-12-2012. Other details like age limit, educational qualification, application fee details, selection process and how to apply are given below…
UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination I:
Total Number of Vacancies: 509
Names of Courses:
1. Indian Military Academy: 250 posts
2. Indian Naval Academy: 40 posts
3. Air Force Academy: 32 posts
4. Officers Training Academy (Men): 175 posts
5. Officers Training Academy (Women): 12 posts
Age Limit: Candidates are asked to go through the notification for the details of age limit.
Educational Qualification: Candidates must possess Degree from a recognized University for IMA, Officers’ Training Academy posts, Degree from a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering for Air Force Academy post and for Indian Naval Academy candidates must possess Degree in Engineering.
Application Fee Details: General and OBC candidates need to pay Rs. 200/- towards application fee and SC/ST/Female candidates are exempted from payment of application fee. Fee must be paid in cash at any State Bank of India branch or can also be paid through online mode using Visa/Master credit or debit card of SBI or any other subsidiaries of SBI.
Selection Process: Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Test and Interview/Personality Test.
How to Apply: Eligible Candidates may apply through online from UPSC website www.upsconline.nic.in. Applications must be submitted online on or before 10-12-2012.
Instructions for Online Application:
1. Candidates must scan their photo and signature and make the payment before starting the application procedure.
2. Log on to www.upsconline.nic.in to start the application process.
3. Select on ‘Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC’ link and select the Combined Defence Services Examination I link.
4. Select the Part-I Registration link which consists of personal details, fill all details carefully.
5. After filling up all marked details of Part-I, click on ‘Continue’ button.
6. This will provide you with Registration ID, retain it for further use.
7. To fill up Part-II of Application, Registration Number and Date of Birth must be entered.
8. Fill all marked details carefully and submit the Application on or before 10-12-2012.
Date of Issue: 10-11-2012
Starting Date for Online Registration: 10-11-2012
Last Date for Online Application: 10-12-2012
Date of Examination: 17-02-2013
For more details like vacancy distribution, pay scale, reservations, other requirements, other instructions and scheme of examination, click on the link given below…
Click Here for UPSC CDS Exam I Advt (English)
Stay connected to Maru Gujarat for daily job updates